Graduate Accountancy Scheme 2019
The NAO helps the nation spend wisely, and we want your help to do that.
Please click here to find out more about our exciting graduate scheme and how you can change your world
What is the graduate scheme and what will I do?
Our 3-year graduate programme will train you in the latest accounting and auditing techniques, equipping you with the skills you need to develop into a well-rounded professional with excellent career prospects and lead to qualification as a Chartered Accountant.
You will help deliver work which contributes to improvements in public services - last year we saved the taxpayer £19 for every £1 we spent - whilst gaining unrivalled access to a unique set of clients across central government.
What are the benefits?
Alongside this we offer a competitive package including:
- A highly competitive starting salary of £29,460 (London) or £23,554 (Newcastle), which will increase year-on-year and with success in exams
- 25 weeks of college study leave over the three-year programme, allowing trainees time away from the office to concentrate on studying
- An interest-free season ticket loan for travel to work, subsidised gym, health screening and a host of other benefits, as summarised in our Total Reward statement
- A calendar of social events, from quizzes to sporting events organised by the NAO Sports and Social Association.
Who can apply?
Graduates from all degree disciplines and backgrounds are welcome – we value the ideas, energy and diversity this brings us, so don’t think you need to have studied maths to excel at the NAO or become a Chartered Accountant.
We value diversity in all its forms and the difference it makes to our organisation. By removing barriers and creating an inclusive culture all our people have the opportunity to develop and maximise their full potential. As members of the Business Disability Forum and Disability Confident Scheme we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.
What is the recruitment process?
- Online application form including a numerical reasoning test
- Four competency-based questions (250 word limit for each)
- Telephone interview
- One-day Assessment Centre featuring four exercises
The start date for the scheme will be the beginning of September 2019, however we do have some limited early start positions available from January-March 2019. These will allow you to gain some practical work experience before starting the training programme.
Please note: we reserve the option of bringing the closing date for applications forward.
Where can I get further information?
For more information on the scheme, please click here to be redirected to our trainee website.
For insights and tips from our current graduate trainees, please visit the NAO graduate blog.
To apply please click below, we look forward to hearing from you!
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.