Accountancy Apprenticeship 2019
The NAO helps the nation spend wisely, and we want your help to do that.
Please click here to find out more about our exciting scheme and how you can change your world
What is the Apprenticeship and what will I do?
Our fully-funded 5-year apprenticeship will train you in the latest accounting and auditing techniques, equipping you with the skills you need to develop into a well-rounded professioal with excellent career prospects and lead to qualification as a Chartered Accountant. You will help deliver work which contributes to improvements in public services - last year we saved the taxpayer £19 for every £1 we spent - whilst gaining unrivalled access to a unique set of clients across central government.
What are the benefits?
Alongside this we offer a competitive benefits package including:
- A highly competitive starting salary of £24,026 (London) or £18,441 (Newcastle), which will increase year-on-year and with success in exams
- Blocks of study leave over the five-year programme, allowing trainees time away from the office to concentrate on studying
- An interest-free season ticket loan for travel to work, subsidised gym, civil service pension scheme, health screening and a host of other attractive benefits, as summarised in our Total Reward statement
- Social events – including annual pop quiz, film quiz and our Christmas party…..
- Opportunities to take responsibility early in your career
- An excellent system of support from NAO colleagues, including a ‘buddy’ from our more experienced trainees
Who can apply?
We value diversity in all its forms and the difference it makes to our organisation. By removing barriers and creating an inclusive culture all our people have the opportunity to develop and maximise their full potential. As members of the Business Disability Forum and Disability Confident Scheme we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.
What is the recruitment process?
- Online application form including a numerical reasoning test
- Four competency-based questions (250 word limit for each)
- Telephone interview
- One-day Assessment Centre featuring four exercises
Please note the following:
When applying you will be asked if you have at least 120 UCAS points from the 2017 UCAS points tariff (or equivalent). Please answer yes if you have yet to take your A-Levels but expect to have 120 points upon receiving your results later in the year.
We reserve the option of bringing the closing date for applications forward.
Where can I get further information?
For more details on the scheme, please visit our trainee website here.
The NAO graduate blog also has lots of information about recruitment and the NAO which candidates find useful.
To apply please click below, we look forward to hearing from you!
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.