HR Business Partner
Contract type: Permanent
Main purpose of the role
HR business partners provide a proactive service to clusters (business units), providing
expert advice across a range of people related issues to ensure the business gets best
value from its people resources. Working closely with cluster People Directors and line
managers, HR business partners will offer advice on a range of, often complex issues,
using their expert knowledge and experience to offer a range of solutions and supporting
managers in delivering agreed actions. At times HR business partners will need to take
specialist/technical advice from other HR practitioners in the business and potentially
consult with our legal advisers on particularly sensitive/complex cases. They will work cooperatively
and collaboratively with the wider HR team and other CSS colleagues to
deliver a joined-up and effective service to the business which is responsive to changing
- Deliver a proactive and expert HR Business partner service to two clusters (business units) by providing timely advice, support and proactive guidance on all aspects of people management, supporting People Directors, line managers and clusters to get the best out of their people.
- Deliver and implement policies and processes within their clusters including supporting the annual and interim appraisal rounds, promotion and talent management campaigns and aspects of professional training.
- Coach line managers to provide strong people management support to their teams, particularly managers who require more complex or specialist support.
Full details of the responsibilities can be found in the attached job description.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:-
- Ability to plan and prioritise to deliver high quality HR services and advice in a timely and efficient way to meet business needs and respond to competing demands
- Strong business awareness to identify emerging issues and risks and propose solutions to these
- Strong project management skills, including budgetary management and user engagement
- Strengths in data reporting and analysis, with the ability to identify trends and key risks
- Proactive in identifying improvements in how we do things and opportunities to add value
- Communicates clearly and succinctly and is credible and influential with a range of stakeholders, including senior management. Is able to engage in challenging conversations, maintaining a professional approach at all times
- Coaches line managers and junior colleagues in people management issues
- Works collaboratively with HR team members and the wider CSS cluster to provide the best service to clients
- Manages performance and development of others to get the best from the team, delegating work appropriately and supporting others to deliver
- Is CIPD qualified/part-qualified or is committed to gaining the qualification
- You must be a UK, Commonwealth, EEA or Swiss national to comply with Civil Service nationality rules and must hold a valid work permit. We are not able to sponsor work visas.
- Please submit an up to date version of your CV, along with a covering letter, setting out briefly what you would bring to this role and the NAO.
- Deadline for applications - 7th June 2019, 23:55 BST.
The NAO welcomes applications from everyone. We value diversity in all its forms and the difference it makes to our organisation. By removing barriers and creating an inclusive culture all our people have the opportunity to develop and maximise their full potential. As members of the Business Disability Forum and Disability Confident Scheme we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.
The NAO supports flexible working and is happy to discuss this with you at application stage.
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.