HR Pay and Reward Specialist
Contract type: Permanent
Main purpose of the role
In this role you will manage, maintain and develop (as necessary) a modern pay and benefits framework to reward and motivate our employees to support the business strategy. You will ensure each aspect of the package is accurately and efficiently delivered.
You will co-ordinate our monthly payroll and benefit administration processes, annual reward activities and ad hoc projects. You will be a subject matter expert advising senior management and employees on all reward queries.
You'll keep up to date with changes in legislation and trends in Reward, to ensure the business remains competitive in the market. Your attention to detail and relationship management skills will enable you to make the role a success.
- Accurately manage the monthly payroll process collaborating with HR, Finance, Digital Services and our outsourced payroll provider; co-ordinate pay changes input and checks, upload data to payroll provider and resolve exceptions.
- Manage the Civil Service Pension Schemes in accordance with pension scheme rules and legislation ensuring regulatory compliance. Liaise with MyCSP and other scheme providers as necessary. Respond accurately to data queries from pension providers, retrieving archived information from legacy systems.
- Manage other benefit administration processes for example, but not limited to childcare vouchers, employee discounts portal, cycle to work scheme, health screenings, travel insurance and life insurance.
Full details of the responsibilities can be found in the attached job description.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:-
- Strong experience of pay and benefits administration, managing strategic reward projects and annual cyclical events including TUS pay award negotiations, benchmarking and job evaluation. Working knowledge and experience of the Civil Service Pension Scheme is highly desirable.
- Good knowledge and experience of HR systems and reporting and outsourced payroll systems.
- Advanced Excel skills and experience of manipulating large data sets coupled with strong analytical skills to identify trends and key risks.
- Excellent attention to detail and proactivity to minimise and resolve errors.
- Experience of developing innovative reward solutions and proactive in identifying improvements in how we do things and opportunities to add value.
- Plans, prioritises and delivers high quality HR services and advice in a timely and efficient way to meet business needs.
- Works collaboratively with others to achieve the best outcome and service to clients.
- Communicates clearly and succinctly and is credible and influential in meetings with a range of stakeholders (including senior management and TUS) and has a strong report writing ability.
- Holds relevant professional qualification e.g. CIPD or CIPP qualified/part qualified or is committed to gaining the qualification.
- You must be a UK, Commonwealth, EEA or Swiss national to comply with Civil Service nationality rules and must hold a valid work permit. We are not able to sponsor work visas.
- Please submit an up to date version of your CV, along with a covering letter, setting out briefly what you would bring to this role and the NAO.
- Deadline for applications - 7th June 2019, 23:55 BST.
The NAO welcomes applications from everyone. We value diversity in all its forms and the difference it makes to our organisation. By removing barriers and creating an inclusive culture all our people have the opportunity to develop and maximise their full potential. As members of the Business Disability Forum and Disability Confident Scheme we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.
The NAO supports flexible working and is happy to discuss this with you at application stage.
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.