Context and main purpose of the job:
Why are we recruiting for this role?
The Infrastructure Engineer will primarily be responsible for supporting the technology needs of the NAO, contribute as a technical resource on wider Digital Transformation projects as required.
Who are the team?
The Infrastructure team is part of the Service Delivery team providing IT support and Digital Transformation Technologies across a broad range of Cloud, On Premise Technologies to the NAO.
What are the main responsibilities of this role?
- Delivering a high level of customer service to agreed standards
- Working with 3rd party suppliers to resolve user issues and queries
- Identifying and prioritizing issues and problems that require remedial action, and escalate as required
- Improving working practices within the NAO IT environment.
- Investigating and proposing new technologies and or processes to support business requirements.
- Leading problem management resolution.
Important: The role is divided into three key activities; Support, Operations & Projects with an indicative proportion of time stated. Support of live production systems through Incident Management must take president over any planned Operational or Project activities.
- Provide 3rd line technical support, incident & problem management through effective management of Service Desk Tool, leveraging knowledge and relationships within the team and with suppliers to resolve incidents within agreed service levels
- Take ownership and facilitate the progress of specified IT problems
- Perform day-to-day administration and maintenance of server backups.
- Office 365 (Exchange/Skype for Business) Administration
- Contribute as technical resource on infrastructure & other Digital projects as assigned through the Infrastructure Programme.
- Project Manage Infrastructure projects as assigned through the Infrastructure Programme and manage using Infrastructure Project Lite methodology.
- Work to an agreed support rota to ensure cover from 08:00 – 18:00, Monday to Friday
- Due to the nature of the role occasional (paid) weekend work may be necessary as well as overnight visits to our Newcastle office.
Full details of the responsibilities can be found in the attached job description.
Key skills/competencies required:
- Office 365 – Administration
- Windows 10 and Office 365 ProPlus
- Microsoft Active Directory/GPO/Azure AD - Administration
- SCCM Current Branch
- Administration of the following technologies:
- Office 365 and Office 365 ProPlus
- Windows 10
- Microsoft SCCM
- Develop and Apply Knowledge: Using your technical knowledge and troubleshooting skills to resolve technical problems, create update and maintain processes and documentation that can be shared with others.
- Deliver High Performance: Be bold in delivering and driving through improvements and innovative solutions
- Collaborative: Be an effective and flexible contributor to the success of the team.
Full details of the required competencies can be found in the attached job description.
You must be a UK, Commonwealth, EEA or Swiss national to comply with Civil Service nationality rules and must hold a valid work permit. We are not able to sponsor work visas.
- To apply candidates should provide an up to date CV and covering letter setting out briefly why you are suitable for this role.
- Application deadline is 23:55 on 31/05/2019
The NAO welcomes applications from everyone. We value diversity in all its forms and the difference it makes to our organisation. By removing barriers and creating an inclusive culture all our people have the opportunity to develop and maximise their full potential. As members of the Business Disability Forum and Disability Confident Scheme we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.
The NAO supports flexible working and is happy to discuss this with you at application stage.
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.