Contract type: 12 month fixed-term contract
Main Purpose of the job:
The National Audit Office (NAO) supports parliament to hold government to account and to improve public services. We focus on driving long-term sustainable improvement in public service delivery and work with government and our stakeholders to deliver better performance. In a nutshell, we help the nation spend wisely.
This is an excellent opportunity for a self-reliant and highly motivated individual who takes a holistic approach to change management. Reporting to the Director of Engagement and Change, the postholder will be responsible for the following areas:
• Business Architecture;
• Change Management; and
• Project delivery
An excellent communicator, the postholder will collaborate with a range of stakeholders (e.g. architects, business analysts and business managers) and confidently provide them with direction to ensure the following:
• Investments in change effectively support NAO’s business strategy and values;
• The needs of the wider user community are addressed;
• Our change committee and leadership team are regularly updated; and
• A coherent and effective change roadmap.
The postholder will be expected to maintain and strengthen relationships throughout the organisation with a focus on the following key stakeholders:
• Leadership Team
• Change Management Assurance Committee (CMAC)
• Corporate Services Team Leads and Managers
• Design Authority members/Network of project gate reviewers
• Programme / Project Boards, Programme / Project delivery team members
Full details of the responsibilities can be found in the attached job description.
Key skills/competencies required:
• Formal training and/or experience in Business Architecture or strategic business analysis
• Formal training and/or experience in change management and delivery
• Good understand of techniques underpinning effective change solution design (organisation, data, technology, process)
• Good knowledge of system development methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall)
You must be a UK, Commonwealth, EEA or Swiss national to comply with Civil Service nationality rules and must hold a valid work permit. We are not able to sponsor work visas.
Full list of the required competencies can be found in the attached job description.
• Submit a CV and a brief covering letter outlining your motivation and suitability for the role.
• Deadline for applications is 28/10/2018, 23:55pm.
• Interviews: week commencing the 12th November 2018
The NAO welcomes applications from everyone. We value diversity in all its forms and the difference it makes to our organisation. By removing barriers and creating an inclusive culture all our people have the opportunity to develop and maximise their full potential. As members of the Business Disability Forum and Disability Confident Scheme we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.
The NAO supports flexible working and is happy to discuss this with you at application stage.
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.