End UserComputing (EUC) Engineer
Contract type: Contract until 31st March 2019
Main purpose of the job:
Our Digital Services team is seeking an EUC Desktop Packaging / Deployment Engineer (SCCM) to support the NAO while we transition to Office 365, Windows 10 and Intune MDM.
You will be part of the Service Delivery team supporting and implementing EUC and associated cloud connected enterprise technologies such as Windows Hello, Store for Business, Windows Defender to a 3rd line level, as well providing excellent support.
The post will suit candidates who are self-starters, posses’ strong analytical skills, and extensive knowledge and experience converting and packaging applications as APP-V, MSI for distribution using SCCM, Windows 10 Operating System Deployment, supporting Windows 10 and Office 365. The suitable candidate must also be flexible and willing to carry out any support activities in support of the transition project and have excellent customer facing skills. About the National Audit Office
- Ensure the effective support and delivery of system tools (SCCM, Intune, Active Directory) to support the transition to Windows 10, Office365 and Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP).
- Primarily ownership of the EUC ticket queue, providing 3rd line technical support for IT incidents and problems. Working alongside vendors as appropriate to investigate solutions. Tickets are to be owned until successful resolution. May include escalation management to third party vendors, including Microsoft Premier Support.
- Application Packaging, testing and deployment in support of the transition to Windows 10 and Office 365.
- Patch Management and Windows 10/0365 Servicing.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and excellent communication, customer handling and inter‐personal skills
Key skills/competencies required:
- Deploying Windows 10 with System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Demonstrable experience of supporting Windows 10 and MS Office 365
- Good Problem-solving abilities, able to resolve most technical issues and concisely relaying issues for escalation to the migrations team.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Desktop Operating systems - Windows 10
- Image builds using SCCM
- Proven Application packaging knowledge using App-V, InstallShield and SCCM
- Good scripting knowledge including VBS and PowerShell
- Excellent understanding of Active Directory and Group Policy
- Excellent understanding of Intune to support BYOP
- Providing 3rd line technical support, incident & problem management through effective management of Service Desk Tool.
- Experience of working within SLA's and ITIL processes As well as the skills outlines above it would be beneficial if the successful candidate possess experience in the following technologies to support the team during transition: HP MIK VMware Exchange DNS, DHCP Storage SAN NetBackup
As well as the skills outlines above it would be beneficial if the successful candidate possess experience in the following technologies to support the team during transition:
- HP MIK
- DNS, DHCP
- Storage SAN
You must be a UK, Commonwealth, EEA or Swiss national to comply with Civil Service nationality rules and must hold a valid work permit. We are not able to sponsor work visas.
For more information about the role, please see the attached job description.
- To apply, please submit a CV and a covering letter outlining your motivation and suitability for the role.
- 1st stage - Telephone interview
- Final stage - Face-to-face interview (week commencing 21st May)
We value diversity in all its forms and the difference it makes to our organisation. By removing barriers and creating an inclusive culture all our people have the opportunity to develop and maximise their full potential. As members of the Business Disability Forum and Two Ticks Disability Scheme we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.
The NAO provides a supportive environment focused on high quality work and the development of our people. Our strategic objectives and values underpin everything we do and will form the basis of our recruitment assessment, these are captured in the attached Framework of Behaviours.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a host of benefits, as set out in the attached NAO reward document.
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.