IT Audit Specialist
The clients of the NAO are investing in IT systems to address the challenges they face in fulfilling their role. This includes investing in new finance systems and related support systems. These investments mean that, increasingly, the NAO’s financial audits are relying on automated controls/IT dependent manual controls and supporting IT general controls, necessitating increased requirements for IT Audit to support the NAO’s audits of financial statements.
The IT Audit specialist will be joining an IT audit team which is made up of seven IT audit specialists to deliver work across around 40 different clients covering all areas of the NAO’s financial audit client base.
The team is led by an IT Audit Director and three IT Audit Managers.
We require an experienced IT Audit specialist capable of scoping, planning, and hands on delivery of IT Audit work, including testing IT General Controls and related automated controls.
Your key responsibilities will be across the following areas:
- Supporting the IT Director and IT Audit Managers in the planning, scoping and delivery of the annual programme of IT audit work.
- Assisting in the development of IT Audit skills of other auditors, through on the job coaching of both other IT Audit specialists and financial audit team members on IT audit matters.
- Developing documented IT Audit plans, together with supporting budget and resource plan, to ensure that IT audit work is formally agreed with individual audit teams.
Full details of the responsibilities can be found in the job description.
Required competencies include:
- IT audit experience, with a significant portion of that experience arising from IT audit work done in support of the financial audit.
- Experience of working on clients with large complex systems. Experience in Oracle and SAP systems would be of particular interest.
- An IT Audit qualification (e.g. CISA) is preferred, but evidence of strong practical experience of delivering IT audits in support of the financial audit is more important than a qualification
- Good understanding of how IT Audit supports the financial audit and the factors that ensure high quality IT audit work
- Experience of hands on delivery of IT audit work. Some experience of acting as first stage reviewer of IT audit work would be an advantage.
- Experience of drafting reports for client management on matters arising from IT audit work performed.
- Intellectual curiosity, especially about technology and business process related matters
- Ability to work co-operatively and collaboratively as part of a team to deliver a team effort
- Drive and determination to overcome obstacles, resistance or challenges in order to achieve goals
Full details of required competencies can be found in the job description.
You must be a UK, Commonwealth, EEA or Swiss national to comply with Civil Service nationality rules and must hold a valid work permit. We are not able to sponsor work visas.
- To apply, please submit an up to date CV and covering letter setting out briefly what you would bring to the role and the NAO.
- After the initial sifting, there will be a telephone interview followed by a presentation/case study and final interview in our London office.
- The closing date for applications is Friday 2 August 2019.