Facilities Operations Manager
Contract type: Permanent
Main purpose of the job:
The Facilities Team provides a wide range of support services to the NAO and its tenants, these include building maintenance, cleaning, portering, security and catering services, etc.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Facilities service provider management;
- Health and safety management;
- Project management;
- Procurement and financial management;
- Support to tenants; and
- Business continuity and incident management.
An essential requirement for the job is the ability to manage the provision of a wide range of facilities services to the business, to manage and motivate staff to ensure that services are effectively procured and delivered on time, that service levels are met and that a good and consistent level of service is maintained at all times to meet user requirements.
The post holder will also be responsible for managing a wide range of projects. This will include general maintenance work on the upkeep of the building and fabric to more complicated requirements resulting from changes to the way the office works.
Full details of the responsibilities can be found in the job description.
Key skills/competencies required:
- A proven track record in managing facilities contracts and service providers;
- Experience in managing health and safety;
- Extensive project management experience;
- Ability to form effective working relations at all levels and well developed customer care skills;
- Excellent written and oral communications; and
- Be PC literate and competent in Microsoft applications.
Full details of the competencies required cab be found in the job description
You must be a UK, Commonwealth, EEA or Swiss national to comply with Civil Service nationality rules and must hold a valid work permit. We are not able to sponsor work visas.
- Submit an up-to-date CV and covering letter setting out briefly why you are suitable for the role.
- Closing date for applications is 12pm on Wednesday 5th December 2018.
- If you pass the initial application stage, we will invite you to a face-to-face interview which will also consist of a task.
The NAO welcomes applications from everyone. We value diversity in all its forms and the difference it makes to our organisation. By removing barriers and creating an inclusive culture all our people have the opportunity to develop and maximise their full potential. As members of the Business Disability Forum and Disability Confident Scheme we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria. The NAO supports flexible working and is happy to discuss this with you at application stage.
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.