Contract type: 2 year fixed-term contract
Main purpose of the job
The principle responsibility of the Applications Architect (AA) is to assist with the requirements gathering, design, architecture, configure and implementation of several integrated cloud application solutions (utilising the Office 365, Azure and Salesforce platforms) for the NAO.
The NAO Digital Plan 2020 – 2022 identifies several cloud-based applications which, through revised methodologies, will modernise our audit practices. The postholder will work with internal and external teams to design and build proof of concepts (POCs) across the NAO’s cloud platforms. The integrated solutions will utilise the NAO’s existing and future-planned cloud platforms, they will adhere to the NAO’s enterprise architecture principles and will ultimately determine the feasibility of an in-house built solution for modernising audit in the NAO.
The Applications Architect within Digital Services (DS) will oversee the design process for several cloud application solutions planned within the NAO’s Digital Plan. This will involve the creation of new integrated applications developed through POCs, prototypes and various agile development iterations. This will involve evaluating candidate technologies, determining the best technology options for revised audit methodologies and plotting cloud pathways for innovation and automation.
In this role a cross-functional background with good cloud and applications knowledge is vital. As well as working with key internal technical staff the postholder will liaise with external suppliers across a range of technology projects. Key candidate projects for cloud applications include; new audit management and control systems for our audit practices, external portals and extranets for client and stakeholder communications, cloud-based information assurance systems.
Full details of the responsibilities can be found in the attached job description.
- Confident communicator at all levels of the organisation (written, verbal and visual);
- Ability to influence outcomes and gain buy-in for new initiatives and ways of working;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an attention to detail;
- Strong organisation and co-ordination skills
Business & technical skills
- Analysis – strong design skills, ability to swiftly interpret customer needs into working digital designs. Evidence of strong analytical, creative, problem-solving and critical thinking skills;
- Strong understanding of technical concepts, specifically in the areas of; cloud, infrastructure, compute power, storage, networking and secure cloud computing;
- Proven track record in cloud application design and delivery
Level of experience
- Significant experience of application analysis, architecture, design and implementation
- Significant experience of analytical, creative, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Significant experience of being a detail-oriented participant working within an application delivery team
You must be a UK, Commonwealth, EEA or Swiss national to comply with Civil Service nationality rules and must hold a valid work permit. We are not able to sponsor work visas.
Full details of the required competencies can be found in the attached job description.
- Submit a CV and a brief covering letter outlining your motivation and suitability for the role.
- Successful candidates will need to complete a task and attend an interview
- The deadline for applications is Sunday 8th December 2019, 11:55pm.
We value diversity in all its forms and the difference it makes to our organisation. By removing barriers and creating an inclusive culture all our people have the opportunity to develop and maximise their full potential.
The NAO provides a supportive environment focussed on high quality work and the development of our people. Our strategic objectives and values underpin everything we do and will form the basis of our recruitment assessment, these are captured in the attached Framework of Behaviours.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a host of benefits, as set out in the attached reward statement.
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.